[INCOMPLETE, NEEDS IMAGES AND MORE INFO]
I saw some custom QR codes made on Hack A Day and was inspired to make my own for my Magic: the Gathering card boxes.
There is a varying amount of redundancy in each size of QR code, and in this case, I could plop a big blue mana symbol right in the middle of the QR code and there was still enough data present to successfully read the code.
See part 1 of this series here.
Talk about using InstaMorph to create a hand-molded handle for the controller, and use Plasti-Dip to add friction and smoothness to the grip and analog stick.
I haven’t been uncomfortable playing Minecraft since this upgrade!
The tire had already had a slow leak due to some sidewall gashes from me rubbing the tires up against the bolts on the chain-link fence. I assumed one of these gashes had just been torn open wider. Since the tire was already pretty beaten up, a hack of a fix seemed perfectly fine, so I got out the hot glue gun. Once the glue gun warmed up, I pressed the tip of the gun into the hole created by the screw, and injected about a half-inch of glue stick into the hole. My thought was that if I got enough glue to go inside the tire, it would create a sort of barb or anchor that would hold the glue plug into place. I made sure not to have any glue extend beyond the surface of the tire; the thought being that rolling over the glue nub would potentially push it completely inside the tire. I let the glue dry for half a day just to be safe, and told Andrea about the fix. She of course had her doubts, since I’ve never demonstrated my ability to fix anything in the past. She said, “just see what happens when you put it under pressure.” So I went out and fired up the compressor. Sure enough the tire filled to full pressure and the glue plug held tight.
I have not done a full mowing session on it yet, so we’ll see how it holds up when put through the paces.
This post is about the methods I used to insulate the garage doors using garage door insulation kits and silicon based lubricating spray. [Add photos] [Talk about the noise level reduction measuring using the android dB meter app.]
I was trying to make some pictures to put on the hat & mitten bins in the mud room, and wanted to colorize the photos to match the tan bins. I needed a custom sepia effect that matched the tan bins just right, so I used IrfanView. First, I performed “Convert to greyscale” then, I applied these values using the “Enhance Colors” feature:
Then, using inscape, I added a vignette and a frame. Here are the final results: